In order to increase numbers of participants in election process, we have delinked the elections from Annual General Meeting and introduced e-voting process. The elections will be held on 14th 15th and 16th of April 2017.
The members who are tech-savvy can cast their vote through their smartphones/laptops/computers irrespective of their location. The members, who choose to vote in a traditional way, can come to the CINTAA’s office on any one day, between 14th to 16th April 2017 and can cast their vote by logging in to the web portal of CDSL.
Any member desiring to contest in the election should submit his/her duly filled in nomination form annexed herewith. Please refer the terms and conditions mentioned below:-
- The Nomination form duly filled; signed along with 3 passport size photographs and a crossed cheque of Rs. 5000/- favouring Cine & TV Artistes’ Association should reach the office of the Association on or before 5 pm on 31st March 2017 (Friday).
- No member shall be eligible to become a member of the Executive Committee unless he or she has been a Regular member of the Association for at least 7 years.
- Any contestant filing Nomination form for election of Executive Committee Member of CINTAA shall deposit Rs. 5000/-. This deposit shall be forfeited in case the candidate gets less than 10% of the casted votes.
- Any member of the Executive Committee who has been elected for 2 (two) consecutive terms, i.e. 2013 – 2015 and 2015 – 2017 are entitled to contest the new elections only after a break of one term and shall not be entitled to contest in the 3rd (third) consecutive election. During the term that the member is not entitled to contest, the elected Executive Committee cannot elect the member through co-option also.
- The total number of members to be elected for the Executive Committee is 15 (Fifteen).
- Only those members, who are not in arrears of subscription and have paid the same till 31.12.2016 as on the date of election, shall be eligible to contest and/or vote.
- Any member who is engaged in business/profession/work of casting coordinator and/or casting director shall not be eligible to contest elections nor have any voting rights.
- The nomination forms received by the Association are subject to scrutiny and rejection, in accordance with Rules and Constitution of the Association.
Members are cordially requested to participate and cast their valuable vote, to elect representative of Executive Committee for the next three years.
Thanks and deep regards
Hon. Gen. Secretary