Hope you are safe and in good health. We are pleased to inform you that we are resuming the election process of CINTAA Executive Committee which was adjourned due to the pandemic and request our esteemed members to come forward and contest for the elections of the CINTAA Executive Committee 2021-2024. Members are also requested to update their personal information with CINTAA’s office i.e. email, primary contact number, address etc.
As the election process was interrupted due to COVID-19 additional period of 3 days will be given for members still interested to contest the elections. Interested members may submit their duly filled in nomination form on any one date (25th and 26th March 2021, between 11 am to 6 pm or on 27th March 2021 between 11 am to 5 pm).
Members can also avail of the online facility provided and can submit their nominations by simply clicking on the link provided commencing from 11 am on 25th March 2021 till 27th March 2021 strictly before 5 pm.
Nomination forms received prior to 20th March 2020 (for the term 2020-2023) will be considered as eligible (for the term 2021-2024) subject to scrutiny and receipt of security deposit of Rs. 5,000/-.
The final list of selected and approved nominations will be put up on Monday 5th April 2021.
The Election Committee is pleased to attach the following documents for the kind information of all its members.
- Election Circular mentioning norms and guidelines.
- Nomination Form
CINE & TV ARTISTES’ ASSOCIATION
The elections to the Executive Committee (2021- 2024) will be held on 13th, 14th and 15th of April 2021. The members may opt to vote through online/offline i.e. EVM. The members who are tech-savvy can cast their vote through their smartphones/laptops/computers irrespective of their location. The online voting will start from 9 am on 13th April 2021 and end by 7 pm on 15th April 2021. Members who would like to vote in a traditional way i.e. through EVM can visit CINTAA’s office anytime between 9 am to 7 pm on any one day on 13th, 14th or 15th April 2021. We suggest not to wait for last minute log-in to avoid any inconvenience. Instead we request you to exercise your vote from the comfort of your home/shooting location or elsewhere between the date and time mentioned.
Any member desiring to contest the election should submit his/her duly filled in nomination form with deposit amount of Rs. 5000/- annexed herewith at CINTAA’s office strictly on any one day on 25th and 26th March 2021, between 11 am to 6 pm or 27th March 2021 between 11 am to 5 pm.
Member may also submit the nomination form along with security deposit online, commencing from 11 am on 25th March 2021 till 27th March 2021 strictly before 5 pm. Nomination forms received prior to 20th March 2020 (for the term 2020-2023) will be considered as eligible (for the term 2021-2024) subject to scrutiny and receipt of security deposit of Rs. 5,000/-.
Any member desiring to contest the election should submit his/her duly filled in nomination form annexed herewith. Please refer to the terms and conditions mentioned below:-
- The Nomination form duly filled; signed along with 3 passport size photographs and a crossed cheque of Rs. 5000/- favouring Cine & TV Artistes’ Association should reach the office of the Association strictly, only on any one day on either of the dates i.e. 25th and 26th March 2021 between 11 am to 6 pm or on 27th March 2021 between 11 am to 5 pm. Member may submit Nomination form online also along with security deposit by clicking on https://www.cintaa.net/nomination-form-2021/ starting from 11 am on 25th March 2021 before 5 pm till 27th March 2021. Please do not wait for last minute log-in on 27th March 2021 to avoid any inconvenience.
- No member shall be eligible to become a member of the Executive Committee unless he or she has been a Regular member of the Association for atleast 7 years.
- Any contestant filing Nomination form for election of the Executive Committee Member of CINTAA shall deposit Rs. 5000/-. In case the Candidate gets less than 10% of the casted votes, his/her deposit amount of Rs. 5000/- shall be forfeited.
- The total number of members to be elected for the Executive Committee is 15 (Fifteen).
- Only those members, who are not in arrears of subscription and have paid the same till 31.12.2020 before submitting duly filled in Nomination, shall be eligible to contest and/or vote.
- Any member who is engaged in business/profession/work of casting coordinator and/or casting director shall not be eligible to contest elections nor have any voting rights.
- If any contestant is dissatisfied with the election results, he/she is entitled to recheck the results by paying Rs. 5000/-. The said deposit shall be forfeited if there is no change in the final result (i.e. composition of the Executive Committee), even after re-checking.
- The Last date for withdrawal of your Nomination filed would be strictly before 5 pm on 1st April 2021.
- The nomination forms received by the Association are subject to scrutiny and rejection, in accordance with Rules and Constitution of the Association.
The Election Committee wish that more of our members show inclination to file their nominations. We also appeal all of our members to cast their valuable votes.
Clause 18 of Constitution - Elections:
- Elections shall be held 15 days before the expiry of one term, i.e., three
- In order to ensure maximum number of members participate to vote either in person or through online voting, the elections will be held before 15 days of Annual general Meeting in CINTAA’s office for 3 days through e-voting /manual only. For members convenience CINTAA will also provide technical assistance for e-voting at CINTAA’s office for 3 days on request of eligible voting
- Any Regular Member whose subscription is not in arrears and any Regular or Life member whose membership is not under suspension is eligible to nominate himself/herself to contest the election to the Executive Committee, provided s/he fulfills the eligibility criteria as listed in the relevant section
- Voting by proxy shall not be allowed
- No Member shall be eligible to contest the election unless he or she has completed minimum period of Seven years of regular membership of the Association.(01.05.2015). Any contestant filling nomination form for election of Executive Committee member of CINTAA shall deposit Rs. 5000/-. This deposit shall be forfeited in case the candidate gets less than 10% of the cast votes.
- All Executive Committee members are required to work impartially and ensure the furtherance of the Aims and Objectives of CINTAA in an impartial manner accordingly members of CINTAA who engages himself in the business/profession/work of a casting coordinator and/or casting director shall not be eligible to contest CINTAA elections nor shall have any voting rights. However he/she shall be entitled to all other benefits available to members as a Cine and TV Artist employed in the Film Industry, as long as such Coordinator does not commit any act which in the opinion of the Executive Committee is inconsistent with the dignity of the profession of an Artist and does not in any way prejudice the Aims and Objectives of CINTAA, in which event Executive Committee shall be entitled to expel his/her membership, without any liability on CINTAA.(01.05.2016)
- A CINTAA member who is already a member of the Executive Committee (or equivalent body) of any producers' association or guild will not be eligible to contest for the post of Executive Committee member of CINTAA. (If, during his/her term as Executive Committee member or as Office Bearer, s/he were to become a member of the Executive Committee (or equivalent body) of any producers' association or guild, then s/he will have to resign from her/ his position in the Executive Committee of CINTAA.
- The contestant will have to submit an affidavit at CINTAA’s office that he/she is not involved in any criminal activities or details therein, if required by the concerned scrutiny committee.
- Voting will be by Manual/online process (e-voting), after due testing and after due safeguards are confirmed by the Executive Committee with the help of experts consulted by them.
- The Office Bearers, along with other members of the Executive Committee shall function as Care Committee only during 3 days of the election.
- Prior to the election, the Executive Committee shall appoint the Election committee. The election committee will consist of not less than five members of the Association who are not contesting the election and are regular members of the Association for not less than 7 years.
- On receipt of the candidature/nomination papers, the same shall be scrutinized by the Election Committee appointed by the Executive Committee, to determine the validity of their candidature and if found invalid, then such candidature/nomination application will be disqualified by the election committee.
- The Election Committee will be headed by a Scrutinizer who is a non-member of the Association such as auditors/ legal advisors of the Association appointed by the Executive Committee.
- The Scrutinizer will monitor the election process along with the election committee and on completion of the process will announce the results. The number of votes polled by each and every contestant will be announced/published on website.
- The period between the election and the Annual General Meeting the existing Executive Committee shall explain/ clarify the Resolutions, Accounts etc in case so warranted along with the Annual Report to the newly elected Executive Committee. If the newly elected Committee has any objections/suggestions, the newly elected EC will be allotted time to speak in the Annual General Meeting.
- During the period between election and the AGM the existing Executive Committee must invite the newly elected members for all Executive Committee meetings. The newly elected members shall have the right to call for an Executive Committee meeting, if so required, and the existing Executive Committee shall be duty-bound to organize the same.