1. The most important benefit is that it creates the feeling of oneness amongst the Members and brings them closer to each other and also gives a feeling of “ONE BIRADARI”.
2. The Association endeavors in:-
A. Resolving the disputes between artistes and producers regarding their Professional assignments mutually agreed upon.
B. Recovering their legitimate dues from the producers.
C. Safeguarding the rights of its member’s viz. Replacement and Dubbing etc.
D. Standing against professional exploitation of its members.
Old Rule – (Professional disputes of members against any producer in respect of Film/TV Serial will be considered by the Association only after completion of 6 months from the date of grant of membership of the Association. No dispute case against any producer prior to the grant of membership of the Association as well as the disputes cases which are more than three years old will be entertained. However, the discretion shall rest with the Executive Committee).
New Rule: – (Professional disputes of members against any producer in respect of Film/TV Serial will be considered by the Association from day one from the date of grant of work permit of the Association; however disputes prior to issue of work permit will not be entertained. Also, even after the grant of work-permit or regular membership, disputes which are more than three years old will not be entertained. However, the discretion shall rest with the Executive Committee).
3. Compensation on the death of the Member.
- In case of unfortunate Accidental Death of the Member on shooting set – Rs 2 lacs.
- In case of Natural Death of the Member Rs. 75,000/- to the nominee, provided he has completed minimum period of 5 years of Membership on or prior to the date of demise
- In case of Partial or Permanent Disability due to accident on set & loss of any part of the body – Rs. 75,000/-
Compensation in case of A & B above will only be given to the nominee of the Deceased on submission of the (i) application; (ii) death certificate of the Member; (iii) Affidavit containing the names, ages, occupation & addresses of all the legal heirs of the deceased member (iv) Indemnity from the Nominee on Rs.100 stamp paper stating that the claim paid to the nominee shall be disbursed by him to the legal heirs of the deceased member and all such liability shall solely rest upon nominee & CINTAA shall not be responsible in this regard (v) a letter from nominee addressed to CINTAA as per the draft available from the office and documents showing the identity of the ‘nominee’. In the absence of Nominee on the record of CINTAA, the claim shall be paid to the spouse of the deceased, if any.
Only a member, who has no outstanding dues to the association on the date of the unfortunate event or/and was not given any kind of monthly help in the form of ‘Relief’/ Financial help/Medical assistance during his/her life by CINTAA and or CINE Artiste Welfare Trust, will be eligible for compensation under the above Clause 3 –A,B & C.
The above compensation will be paid to the Nominee Member/or family Member of the deceased ONLY. The aforesaid benefits will not be available to the Members who do not pay their subscription on time.
The amount of aforesaid compensation may be reviewed from time to time by the Executive Committee Members of CINTAA depending upon the corresponding financial strength of CINTAA.
4. The members who have crossed the age of 65 years and remain member of the Association continuously for a period of 15 years are exempted from the payment of monthly subscription of the Association.
5. The membership card is a documentary proof of being a bonafide member of a Registered Trade Union Body, proof of member’s identity and can be useful in securing passport and visas.
6. Membership Card helps in establishing your identity during the times of law and order situations.
7. Membership establishes profession and duration but does not provide or assures or guarantees any work in TV / Films to the Members.
8. Old Rule:-Medical, Financial, Educational Assistance, ‘Relief’ to the needy and deserving members only through Association / Cine Artiste Welfare Trust provided he / she is a Member of CINTAA continuously for a minimum period of 10 years as on the date of the application and he / she should be above 65 years of age. However, final discretion lies with the Committee.
Amendment:-Medical, Financial, Educational Assistance, ‘Relief’ to the needy and deserving members only through Association / Cine Artiste Welfare Trust provided he / she is a Member of CINTAA continuously for a minimum period of 5 years as on the date of the application and he / she should be above 65 years of age. However, final discretion lies with the Committee.
9. Members can approach State Government/ MHADA for allotment of Flats /Plots by obtaining a Certificate of Membership from the Association, under Artistes’ reserved quota and on te compliance of Terms & Conditions imposed by MHADA.
10. Artiste residing in Maharashtra, after becoming CINTAA Member has to enroll themselves under Maharashtra State Government Profession Tax Act 1975, as per rules and regulations of Government of Maharashtra members may consult Taxation experts or their Chartered Accountants in this regard.